Sunday, August 2, 2009

Low Volume, Good Quality

Sunday:
This was a close to a zero day as I could have. We packed up the Pod and made our way home just past mid day and arrived hungry. After unpacking the van and camper we made our way to the Duluth Grill, where I polished off a plate of hot roast beef sandwich with red mashed potato's. After that meal it was almost nap time and I had to give myself a good three hours before heading out the door. I mostly repeated what I did on Friday with a couple of small loops added. Trails were wet and muddy and I had a little rain squall keep me moist. Legs felt super again!

Totals: 52:52 6.2 miles

Weeks Totals: 52 miles (6 runs)
Years Totals: 1559.8 miles

Saturday:
I was supposed to run a "thirds progression" run on Sunday. We were heading out of town to go camping with the new R-Pod so I knew I had to get this run in before leaving or it most likely wouldn't happen. So up I rose at 5:00 am and hit the roads by 5:45 out on West Skyline.
The plan was to run the first thirty minutes easy as warm up phase, followed by an increase of just under 30 seconds per mile quicker, and finally the last third was at marathon pace. For me the paces were: 7:17, 6:37, 6:04 for the entire ninety minutes.
I was planning on running the last segment in 5:50's and many times I was, but with some of the crazy winds and hills kept the pace slower a bit. No worries as the effort was there and I didn't beat myself up.

Totals: 1:31:09 13.7 miles

Friday:
Easy run in the woods after yesterday's steady state run. My legs are feeling really good and I am staying optimistic that some speed will return soon. As for this morning I ran in Rock Hill, Hartley (where I saw another skunk), and home via SHT.

Totals: 51:16 6 miles

No comments: