Sunday, August 9, 2009

One Good Day

Sunday:
Boy was I glad I waited to run long until this morning. The sun was out, and the temps were up! I woke up, fueled up, laced up, and made my way for some roads.
Just before I left the house I threw a couple of dollars in the pocket of my shorts and that would prove to be a smart move on my part. As I neared seven miles into the run I was working quite the sweat and though I was feeling great, I was heading to the country roads and I knew I should plan ahead and get some fluids in me. I stopped at a small gas station and purchased a 20 oz. bottle of water and drank/carried it with me until it was empty, which was near the 8 + mile mark.
As I meandered through the country roads I slowly made my way towards our house and nailed a course for sixteen miles on the button! I felt great and the energy stores were barely tapped. That's a good feeling. I'm glad we had one good day this weekend, and I'm happy with the way this week fell in place.

Totals: 1:54:27 16 miles

Weeks Totals: 69.6 miles
Years Totals: 1629.4 miles


Saturday:
The weekend weather forecast was looking pretty bad, rain most days, but I was determined to get in a couple of nice runs for Sat and Sun.
I called around and most of the usual running partners had plans that they were implementing. I didn't know if I would be running long today but I made my way out to the trails of UMD and Chester Bowl and soon I knew that the long run would have to wait another day.
I did enjoy the trails but my legs just didn't have the fire I needed them to have in order to hit the 120 on the trails. (2 hours)
After a series of loops I made my way home and had no major excitement to report. No animals. Nothing.

Totals: 1:15:57 9.2 miles

Friday:
It's beginning to look a lot like fall running. The mornings are getting dark again and if there is overcast the darkness remains until a little after 5:00. This morning was a mix of those conditions but I didn't care because it was Friday and an easy hour was on the plate. I'm to the point where I can get out of bed and sleep-run through one of these types of runs. (not really but they are becoming effortless and I like that)

Totals: 56:53 7.6 miles easy

No comments: