Thursday, August 6, 2009

Keepin' It Steady

Thursday:
For the last three weeks I have been doing this steady state workout and adding an extra mile each week. This week was warm up, then add six miles of steady state in the middle and warm down.
I like to do this workout in Lakeside as it offers pretty even terrain and good surfaces to run on. The first mile was done on effort and I was on the slower side of the paces I like/need to run having hit a 5:45. The next two I would get warm up and hit splits of 5:39 and 5:31 respectively. I missed the mile split on the next I found the two mile split to be 11:21, and closed with a 5:42. For the last two miles or so I focused on HR not pace, as I don't want to go Red-Line just to hit a pace. If I maintain HR, within reason, I know the effort will be there and I will not give myself a negative effect with the workout. I kept HR 155-157 for the steady state miles.
Overall, I am satisfied with the way I felt and now can have a rest day tomorrow and prepare for the longer effort this weekend.

Totals: 1:12:56 11 miles

Wednesday:
The early hills of my Wednesday loop make it easy to wake up. I have a steady grind for over a mile then it becomes flat for some time. As I mentioned last week, I am really liking this mid week loop as it offers some good ups and downhill running.
Nothing special, as my legs felt pretty decent and provided I get the rest I need I should be good for tomorrow's steady state workout.

Totals: 58:17 8 miles

No comments: