Sunday, August 23, 2009

Weeks Review

Sunday:
Long runs in the 'Pines usually mean one of two runs. Down a long highway to the Porkies, which I did last weekend, or super long an boring highway that reminds me of certain coverage I have seen from Badwater Ultramarathon. The one bonus is both courses are a net drop and that can be good and bad. I really didn't want to run as fast as I was on Sunday but mid-run I changed the workout to have subtle negative splits with the last fifteen minutes or so at marathon pace. Accomplished, but my legs still feel the damage from squatting all day building the garage roof. I got it done though.

Totals: 1:32:38 14 miles (ave: 6:38 with last fifteen Min. at 5:55)

Weeks Totals: 68 miles (six runs)
Years Totals: 1751.7 miles

Saturday:
Back to the parents again to assist in the building project. In order to get my workout in I got up early and hit the roads. I drove to the park and ran trails and ski hill access roads before making my way back to the car. In the end my legs were thrashed from all the hill climbing.
Totals: 1:00:00 7.5 miles

Friday:
For some reason the virus lasted just about twenty four hours and I was back on track. This morning I was to do the usual Thursday workout of six miles at steady state. I managed to get up early and hit the road while still dark and had the first couple of splits run on effort as I couldn't see the GPS to gauge pace.
The workout rounded out as follows:
2.5 mile warm up
6 miles steady state with splits of:
5:35, 5:36, 5:28, 5:37, 5:29, 5:32
2.5 mile warm down

This workout unfolded much better than past weeks an maybe I am making a jump in fitness or it was just the weather making the difference. I guess I will see in weeks to come.

Totals: 1:13:42 11 miles


Thursday:
Damn virus got the best of me and forced me a day off. I had subtle sore throat last night associated with the chills and headache. This morning left me feeling slightly better and I think I managed to sleep close to 11 hours last night.

Totals: 0

No comments: