Thursday, July 30, 2009

Heart Rate Observation

Thursday:
I repeated last thursday's workout and added a mile. The big difference this week was once I got up to pace on the steady-state miles I monitored heart rate a bit closer and kept it pretty steady as I started to fatigue. My mile splits were a little slower in the end but that's ok with me as long as the effort and HR were tuned in. Legs may have been feeling the effects of the ten miler last Saturday but I got through the workout will little problem.
Splits: 2.5 mile warm up
5:37, 5:41, 5:36, 5:46, 5:45,
HR's: steady at 157 bpm
*last two miles rolling up a bit
2.5 mile cool down.

Totals: 1:07:36 10 miles (steady-state in middle)

Wednesday:
The loop out to Howard Gnesen, McFarlan, and returning on RLR and Skyline are becoming a staple run on easy days. I enjoy the rolling terrain. I am also trying to incorporate some downhill running into my weeks which this loop offers.
Felt good and kept the pace easy for the loop.

Totals: 58:29 8.1 miles

No comments: