Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Raindrops and Repeats

Tuesday:
I woke up during the night and could hear the winds howling and rain pelting the windows. Not a big deal, I had three or four hours until I needed to get up. Once my feet hit the floor, I managed to get to the basement and ready myself for a nice run that would include two miles on the track with running the 100 meter straights at 5K or faster paces. I opened the door and was surprised to see the rain. It was a light drizzle, no big deal, and the temps were comfortable at 61 degrees. After a four mile warm up in heavy down pour, the track was a perfect mix and the first three lanes were holding near two inches of rain. My legs started to really loosen up on the last three or four and I was beginning to believe that maybe one day I can get some speed back in my legs. A four mile warm down took me home with a decent morning of running in the books.

Totals: 1:09:56 10 miles

Monday:
The run this morning marks my first of a twenty week program heading to the Cal International Marathon in December. I didn't run a lot of volume last week, and my long run was one of medium-long distance but I still took a nice easy morning of running. I like to do the loop up Woodland and return via Vermilion on these days. Overall a good run and I need to stretch like crazy.

Totals: 51:07 6.6 miles (short SHT section)

No comments: