Sunday, October 12, 2008

Trail Work

I wasn't planning doing any activity today but after being on my legs for a couple of hours and getting some much needed nutrition I changed my mind and decided to go walk the Hartley trails and do a little trail work. I parked at the nature center and started on the old Hartley road trail. I brought a pair of hand clippers and started clipping the low hanging branches that will soon be in our way once the snow accumulates on them. After a short section I started running and it actually felt pretty good. I was running a very easy pace, approx. 10+ minute pace, and soon I found myself in a nice rhythm and hated to stop as I found more branches. I skipped some, and clipped some but mostly took it easy when there was steep climbs or long sections of mud. Lots of mud!!! A good way to end the week.

Totals: 1:27:00 walking, hiking and jogging  ~6.5 + miles

Weeks Totals: 56 miles
Years Totals: 1686 miles

No comments: