Friday, October 10, 2008

Clueless

For the first time I am completely at a loss for pacing in tomorrows 1/2 marathon. I haven't mentioned in past posts but I am going to give the Whistle Stop 1/2 Marathon a try tomorrow morning. I was second in this race six or seven years ago, so it will be interesting to see how things go. Since all of my training has been HR related I am unaware of pacing and clueless as to my "pacing fitness" right now. Usually I have a decent guess of pace based on "threshold" workouts at a given pace. I haven't been doing those types of workouts so I have no clue.
So here it is... I am "guessing" my time to be near the 1:14:00 (+/- 1 min.) Anything in that range would be OK, anything much faster or slower would be a party/ bummer.
This mornings run was just an easy half hour to get the kinks out and be read for tomorrow. Cemetery loop in the dark. No striders, as I may do a short run tonight with some striders at the end.

Totals: 30:45  4 miles

No comments: