Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Change of Seasons

Monday:
Not only are we seeing major changes in the fall colors but the weather is now turning for the worse as well. Sunday the marathon was complete rain. This morning the water was pelting the window in our room I was wondering if it was sleet or snow. It was just plain water hitting the glass with a strong wind behind it. I just couldn't stand the thought of starting a run in the rain after spending a couple of hours soaked yesterday. I hit the treadmill for the first run since last spring and made an easy run out of it. Good tunes and some easy miles and the miles just clicked bye.

Totals: 50:30  6.6 miles (HR ~130-135)

Today:
No rain this morning and the temps were quite nice, about 48F. Out to one of my standard hour loops to Arnold, Martin and home via Vermilion. I tried to keep the HR in the upper zone of 135 for most of the distance. Legs really are coming around and feeling good on most runs. I wore a new pair of Nike RS shoes this morning. Not too bad of a shoe, I will have to give them a final score after a couple times out on them.

Totals: 58:45  8.3 miles (HR 134)  7:03 miles

1 comment:

Kurt said...

I liked the RS as well. Let me know what you think after a few runs. Good to see you Sunday !!