Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Feeling Fresh

First day since the 1/2 marathon I've felt decent. The course went out and back on west Skyline around Enger Tower. The cooler temps forced me to wear a winter hat for the second morning in row.

Time on the way out to the four mile mark was 29:20. This felt like a decent warm up and once I was on the return trip I would bring the HR up a notch. I tried not to keep looking at my watch and run on effort. This is where I felt really good. Even the subtle climbs felt effortless. Once I got home I measured the last/first four miles again and found my time 28:25. The HR was a bit higher than I thought it would have been at the given effort, so I am not sure what to think of that detail. Not all that much faster but felt good doing it. This is what I have been waiting for since the 1/2 and now I can look forward. My legs and achilles have turned for the better and hopefully will allow me to build my mileage.

Totals: 1:09:33  9.8 miles  (HR 138 ave. , 128 out/ 149 back) 7:13/7:03 paces

No comments: