Sunday, October 26, 2008

Gravytrain

That was the mood for this afternoons run. I wanted to get out to the trails and run easy for at least an hour. Check. Having a running partner for that time would be great. Check. I finally connected with Chris G. and we made the best out of a very wet Hartley sinlge track loop. It sure would be nice if the whole loop was pine needle single track, like we get for a short 100-200 meters in the middle of the park.
My legs felt really good and I managed to keep the HR under control for the majority of the loop. The run left me in good position to up the ante on the mileage next week and begin a slow build up. My mind changes every day, but I think the best approach for me from this point is to keep running easy, mileage and creep up the volume. One more race on Thanksgiving day will round out any racing that is left for the year.

Totals: 1:16:36  8.1 miles  (HR 128)  9:25 pace/trails

Weeks totals: 60.3 miles (6 runs)
Years totals: 1785 miles

2 comments:

Adam said...

If you're scheduled for an easy run Tuesday I'll be in town early evening. Was thinking about running Park Point.

Gregg said...

I can make that happen. I will email you my phone.