Monday, October 27, 2008

Raccoon Snarls and Falling Stars

The run this morning was the first of the fall where it let me know that winter is coming. We had temps of 22F at our house with a pretty stiff wind. I was about three or four minutes into the run and I took an alley to get off the road and I spooked up a raccoon rummaging through some garbage. As I spooked him, he snarled and and scared the hell out of me, as I thought he was coming for the ankles. YOW!!! High stepping it for a few strides...
As I made my way out to Martin road the city lights became less and less, allowing the clear, star-filled skies appear. It was just then I saw a pretty low falling star scream right across the ski in front of me, pretty cool.
My legs felt fresh and once I made my way back to our house I had a little tail wind to help make the effort seem easy. It was nice to have the legs feel light and fresh.

Totals:  1:02:01  8.6 miles  (HR 134)  7:15 pace

No comments: