Sunday, October 19, 2008

Redbull Rocks

Here is a look how the week went. I haven't had a chance to enter my day's. After a couple of rest day's early in the week the rest of the week went pretty well. I am struggling with the remainder of the fall season and how or what to train for. Most people are done training and resting before starting their winter base phase. I may attempt to run steady from this point and just gradually build up the mileage over the winter. Running a winter marathon is just to risky by gambling on the weather and not getting much of an opportunity to train outside. A lot of money to gamble on a marathon when I can wait for an early summer marathon a lot closer to home. Here is how the week rounded out.

Thursday:
I really was at a loss for my running route and waited for the last minute to get out the door and make up my mind. I meandered my way down to the Lakewalk extension and decided to measure the Harvest 5K course with my watch. It was much shorter than the race director thought it would be and he had to make some adjustments. The run was just OK. I was having a bit of a struggle with the pace vs. HR. Maybe just recovery from the half marathon?
Totals: 1:06:30  8.5 miles (HR 135)  7:49 pace

Friday:
Much of the same for the entire week. Not really feeling good running and wishing things were getting easier. Just putting in the time with hopes the legs will return this weekend. Out and back on skyline.
Totals: 52:59  7 miles (HR 132)  7:36 pace

Saturday:
Volunteered at the Harvest Run 5K. Ended up running near three miles while setting up the course. I was going to run after the festivities but decided on yard work instead. I could use the extra mental break right now.
Totals: 3 miles

Sunday:
Not looking forward to running long by myself and I wasn't able to connect with any runners prior to heading out. I finally drank a Red Bull at noon and waited a bit before heading out under grey skies. I made my way to the Rock Hill trails and proceeded to loop three times before making my way via SHT to Hartley to observe the NMTC Hartley 10k. I did the course ahead of the runners and managed to hook up with a couple of people along the way. The Garmin shut off prior to getting home and the last reading I have was 12 miles into the run. I may have had another mile or so after that point. I felt super and stretched the legs really good after. I may be making the turn and hope to have a good week of training.
Totals: ~ 2:00 trails ~ 13 miles  (HR 133)  9:00 pace

Weeks Totals: 39 miles (4.5 runs)
Years Totals: 1725 miles

2 comments:

Adam said...

Hey Greg, my Garmin started turning off in the middle of runs as well. I called Garmin, and although my warranty was long gone, they told me to send it in for repair under warranty.

Gregg said...

my battery was dead.