Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Tight Spots

Monday: 0 miles rest, massage
Tuesday: 0 miles


I'm referring to muscles. I have a bit of a tight right IT band and a tight left lower calf muscle. I managed to squeeze in a massage Monday night after work and wow did that help. It hurt like hell when I was getting it done, but the benefits were huge!

Today I headed out to do an easy hour and see how things would feel. The IT band feels pretty good, but the left calf is still a bit stiff. I should be able to work those kinks out by the weeks end. I ran under a beautiful near full moon with temps hovering near 40F. A decent run to get things going again.

During my run I got thinking about the 1/2 marathon. I am pleased with my overall performance, and it would always be nice to run faster, but I really forgot to think of the progression I have made in the last five weeks. When I started the HADD training I was about two months into training. Prior to the 1/2 I had about one month of additional HADD training. The last mini-test my HR at 160 (520 pace) was very difficult to maintain. It got me thinking, that I just ran for 1:15 at a HR of 160!! Granted the pace was a bit slower (542's) but I am progressing through the training quite well. It makes me excited to see where this will bring me by the years end.

Totals: 58:03  7.6 miles (HR 129) 7:39 pace

1 comment:

Kurt said...

Dude keep it up. I had no idea you where going to run the half marathon. Maybe someday we can make a run work out.