Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Spring Snow

We didn't get as much snow as much of the region but we did manage to see about 2-3" of wet snow on Monday night. By the time I got home from work yesterday it was all gone. The bonus of Spring sunlight.  I managed to get out and do a short "medium-distance" run this morning. I wasn't sure if I was even going to be able to run after a little mishap last evening. I was carrying in groceries and when I opened out storm door I managed to throttle my knee right into the edge of the door. Pain to the point I got lightheaded. OUCH! (that's not what I wanted to scream but not much else I could do when our 3 year old was right next to me) 600 mg. Motrin and Ice packs, a beer, and a little rest and I was able to run pain-free this morning.  Out and back on west Skyline, ran into Tom and did my "back" with him.

Totals: 1:16:30  11.5 miles

Tuesday:
General aerobic with 8X100 meter striders in the snow. Not the best footing but better than some runs in the recent past. Legs are feeling much better.

Totals: 58:00  8 miles

No comments: