Sunday, April 13, 2008

Whew!



I made it through a decent longer run this morning without too many issues. By "too many" I mean one major issue being my left lower calf. It was a bit stiff this morning but I was able to get it loose pretty easy with some gradual stretches.  The calf gave me hints that it was tighter than normal but never went into a full spasm. Here's hoping to have this "issue" behind me and I will be able to build the mileage again.

Since I wasn't too sure how the run would go this morning I made sure I didn't get too far from the house and decided to do loops. Check out the loop Here. I have mentioned before that I enjoy doing loops like this from time to time because it offers a lot of "benefits". As you can see by the course profile it offers plenty of hills and flats. It also offers me a wonderful opportunity to get the fluids and gels without having to carry them. (I do carry H2O on hot days) My splits for the two loop were 46:50, 45:35 then 27:32 for a shorter version to make up near 18 miles. As the splits indicate I picked up the pace quite a bit the last loop and the shorter loop was quicker yet. Ending a longer run like this keeps my motivation going as it always feels good to be running a faster pace when finishing up.

I couldn't fit the video I shot during the storm Saturday (file too big) but I will include a couple before and after photos in our yard. The snow doesn't look too impressive but the wind was crazy making white-out conditions for nearly 12-16 hours!

Totals: 2:00:00  18 miles

Weeks Totals: 42 miles (4 days)

Years Totals: 752 miles

No comments: