Sunday, April 27, 2008

Major Down Time

Friday= Took the family and went to visit my parents in Michigan. I thought this would be a good opportunity to take some time away from running and see how the achilles responded. My dad and I did a brisk walk taking our chocolate lab Buddy as well. 
Totals: 3 mile walk

Saturday= another day off of running but Kari and I had a nice walk in the Porcupine Mountains for about an hour. We discovered a  new rental cabin the park had built near the lake. Spending time in the "Porkies" gives such a sense of peace for me. Over the years I have used the trails, shoreline, etc... as a place to put all life into perspective and to help answer some questions of "what to do?" I always leave the park feeling much better!
Total: 1:00:00 walking trails

Sunday= Travel day. Woke up this morning to snow! Why do we live up north? I have difficulty answering this question sometimes. 
The achilles is feeling much better and I may try running tomorrow.

Weeks Totals: 9 miles running, cross training...
Years Totals: 797 miles

No comments: