Saturday, April 12, 2008

The Storm is Over

The April storm of 2008 is over. It ended a bit quicker than the forecasters predicted. Last night after work the snow had already stopped and after snow blowing for about an hour the family packed up and headed to the Brewhouse for some good eats and a pint of yummy beer. I'll attempt to get some photos of the storm, or video soon.

As for my running, it has mostly been non-existent  for this week secondary to the pulled lower calf muscle last Saturday. It has slowly gotten better over the week but running seemed to aggravate it, so I didn't do much of that. Thursday I tried to run but only ran for two or three minutes then took Buddy out for  a nice walk in the park.
Friday was the worst of the storm and I didn't run. 

That leads me into today's run. I knew that Dave would have a run planned so I called on him for some motivation. Bam! He had a new ten miler mapped out and it was calling our names. After a test on our treadmill I determined I could indeed give it a go on the roads. North of Duluth offers a lot of "country-style" roads and it was a perfect fit since most of the city streets are sloppy and still in the process of getting cleared of all the slush and snow. I had twinges from time to time in the calf but nothing too major. It looks like with some proper care I should be able to ramp up the mileage again. (fingers crossed).
Totals: 1:10:24  10 miles

No comments: