Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Down and Out

Monday: ran an easy loop just to monitor the achilles. Not good. I may be headed down the same track as last year, I must be patient. 
Totals: 45:00  6+ miles

Tuesday: Real easy short run. Achilles are in trouble.  
Totals:  ~ 3 miles

Today I did no running. I should have gotten up and swam/aqua jog but I didn't. Last night I did manage to get a decent "core" exercise session in. I need to be doing this 3-4 days a week. When I do the achilles exercises I have no pain. The pain appears when I am toeing off during the running stride. I may have got this early, I am hoping. The jury is still out.

2 comments:

Kurt said...

Have you tried the Pro-Tec strap for the achliees ? I found it was a huge help for me two years ago. Also what about the Strassburg sock ? I know Katie McGreggor is a big fan of it for this. Let me know if you need or want any of this stuff as I sell it at work.

Gregg said...

I have a Strassburg and it does work well. I am at the early stages of the injury and if I am smart, ie: not running, I should be able to snuff this out soon. Cross training in the pool is as good as it gets right now. Probably a little eliptical this weekend.
Thanks Kurt.
Gregg