Sunday, April 6, 2008

No-Go

The achilles/lower calf was still quite sore with running. I can stretch and it doesn't hurt at all. The achilles strength work doesn't hurt. I think it is a tight lower calf that is ultimately pulling on the achilles. 
No running, I did a short workout on the bike. Fast RPM with some intervals just to get the heart rate up.

Totals: 46 minutes biking
lots of stretching
This was supposed to be an "easy" down week of running and it turned out to be a week of almost no running. Here's hoping for better day's next week.

Weeks Totals: 39 miles
Years Totals: 710 miles

2 comments:

Kurt said...

Good job in the race. Wow that must be a PR for Erik ? I hear you about having a lower that expected week. Stay healty and keep on running. Also did you ever run in those new Haywards ? What did you think ?

Gregg said...

Hey Kurt... all is well except for the achilles.
I should be able to continue and do the Chip 50k this weekend but right now it is day by day.
I love the Haywards...
Love the 790's more on the trails, but I don't hack them like Anton.
Gregg