Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Worst Day of the Year

When I walked down the stairs this morning to get to my running clothes I had a feeling that things might not go so well from a running standpoint. I was right. After attempting to warm up and do some stretches I headed out the door and hobbled through the first ten minutes, while at the same time talking myself to keep going as I wanted to turn home and call it quits. After ten minutes or so things got a little better but not much. I was over dressed, (temp. at 5am was 49F) and my calf, achilles, and much of my lower body ached! Not good when you had a fourteen miler planned. I decided to turn around at six miles and took my gel hoping for some extra power, and drank most of my Gatorade to keep the fluids in. The trip home was just as miserable. I will not run tomorrow morning, instead I will probably swim and aqua jog.

Totals: 1:22:00  11+ miles

1 comment:

Kurt said...

take it easy buddy. how are the trails up there snow wise ?