Thursday, February 21, 2008

What the ??? Cold Choppers

After taking a few more days off of running I decided that this morning would be the day to test the feet. I failed to look at the forecast for the morning hours and was very surprised to see temps -10F (-20 F windchill). Shit! Another morning of suffering. Well, I had it in my head to run outside so I got ready and headed for the trails as this would probably offer me the best protection from the wind. The trails in Hartley are amazing right now. Great running!! After a bit of a warm up my feet and legs felt very good... too good, the kind of good like "what the hell, why have I been taking days off?" The loop was easy pace and rolling and offered the protection from the wind I needed, except for one thing. My hands were cold and I was wearing Choppers. Yes, choppers. The kind of old leather mitts your grandpa wore when he was blowing snow, hauling wood, or any other minus zero winter morning task in northern minnesota.( or michigan) I've been criticised for wearing my old choppers by many a runners, but they offer great warmth. Usually. Why were my hands cold? Maybe just another year of age and one more step closer to full blown Raynauds. 

Totals: 43:00  6 miles

Wednesday= 0 miles (lots of stretching, massage ball work)


No comments: