Friday, February 1, 2008

Frustrations

After this mornings run I am perplexed. I feel I have been taking it quite easy and attempting to ease into the mileage, do the proper stretches, exercises and take days off when things just don't feel right. Still no luck, I felt like shit today.

I took yesterday off, mainly because of a mental funk and I didn't want to run outside and fight the icy roads. The treadmill didn't seem any more appealing so I did some weights and ball/core exercises followed by some decent stretches. I felt quite good most of the day and my legs were appreciating the time off.

This mornings run started off very well, actually the best I have felt in some time. After thirty minutes of running everything changed. My legs slowly became heavy and lead-like, along with the pulling hamstrings. Both of them! I had to really ease off on the pace and "just finish" the run. I didn't make the time I wanted and had to cut the workout short by ten minutes. I find this quite frustrating, and quite honestly I am going to have a difficult time dragging my ass out of bed to go running and feel like complete garbage. I only hope this weekend things improve and I can gain some momentum going into next week. I need to have some good energy vibes, as the true marathon schedule starts in two weeks.

Totals: 1:12:54  ~10 miles

3 comments:

Carole said...

I'll send you good energy vibes brother. Seems we've all been a little short of positive energy these days. I'm blaming it on the super cold weather. I think it just zaps everything out of you. Not to mention lack of sun!
Sending you sun and energy,
Carole

Gregg said...

Thanks a lot. I will take whatever you have left over!

Anonymous said...

Love the new picture--you two have such great fun--:-)

I also agree that it could be the cold temps causing some leg problems. Maybe also the switch in the shoes and the body adjusting to new alignment.
I did experience some adjustment when I went to the Nikes' from NB!!!
Anyway have fun at what you're doing---Love you--M&D