Saturday, February 2, 2008

Throwin' an Old Dog a Bone

Once in a while, usually just after one does a decent amount of bichin' about something, somebody, or some type of power "throw's you a bone". That's what I call today's run. I didn't feel too much better this morning as my left hamstring continues to be tight, and my right foot (tarsals) seem to remain sore for some unknown reason. 

Instead of running right out of bed I decided to make today an afternoon workout, as much as I dislike PM workouts. Lucas and I headed out to watch the Frozen 5k at the Armory. There was just a little snowfall this morning, just enough to make you think of your foot placement. Mens Winner: Tony Meyers: 15:50ish and Women's Winner: Marlo Crosby-McGaver: 18:35ish. (complete results to be found at Northlandrunner.com) After the race, upon getting home, my wife just finished her distance run for the week and now it was my turn. I quickly decided that I should run on the treadmill just incase I had another run like yesterday.  I did my usual warmup for two miles in 15:00 and proceeded to run a little "up-tempo" workout. I use the term "up-tempo" because it isn't really true Tempo (LT) pace rather just a pace that makes me work a bit but not killin' me pace either. For today this pace ended up being 10mph or 6:00 min/mile pace. I did 5 X 2 minutes at the pace with one minute rest. This was just enough to make me feel a bit fatigued and also to introduce the legs into quicker paces that are soon to come. In the end, I had a decent workout that allowed my hamstrings and feet to participate. Like I said, someone threw me a bone. Thanks.

Totals: 43:00  6 miles

No comments: