Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Moonlight Skies and Scary Eyes

Another beautiful morning on the Hartley trails. As I headed out, the two-thirds moon was peaking through the minute cloud cover. Mid way through the run the unobstructed moon's glow was gleaming through the trees and lighting up the trails. 

Hartley is a 660+ acre park that has rolling terrain consisting of swamps, alder, hardwoods, and Northern pine plantations. As you could guess, it is the darkest when clipping through the pines. It is here where your imagination will play with you if you let it. Not today. It was real. The eyes... the eyes of a couple curious deer. Probably wondering what that creature was with the glowing light on it's head running through the woods. They didn't stare long, and off they went on their own mission for morning eats.

The run was another good day with minimal to no discomforts. Scary. Just last week I was willing to quit this sport and take up Banjo lessons. (something I will seriously do this year) I read a short article (Nov. 2007 issue) in Trail Runner on Chi Running last night and attempted to incorporate some of those drills into my run. I can see the benefits, but I can also see some of the critics points as well. To go for a run and totally concentrate on form then entire time turns a lot of people off. "It takes away from the fun of going out and relieving stress." I can see their point. At any rate, it has it's benefits just like a lot of little drills and exercises.

Totals: 1:05:05  ~8.5 miles

No comments: