Friday, October 12, 2007

Progression in Baby Steps

Lying in bed I could feel that my right achilles was tight this morning. This made me feel like staying put right where I was. After a 45 minute snooze fest of the alarm I decided it was best to get up and evaluate the achilles and see if running was an option. Doing some stretches helped a lot and I made the decision to go out for a short loop. After a five minute warm up things started to feel a bit better, but far from "great". The cemetery loop is always a nice loop as it offers some decent altering terrain and minimal traffic. When I returned home my achilles wasn't noticable for any discomfort. NICE! Maybe I need to progress very slowly and keep up the exercises. My hopes are that as I progress in running the achilles will follow???

Tonight will be a first since I moved to Duluth in 1996. I am going to a UMD Bulldog vs. LSSU Lakers Hockey game. The only reason I am attending the game is the LSSU part. My alumnus from Sault Ste. Marie, MI. Go Lakers!

Totals: 28:47 4+ miles

No comments: