Sunday, October 28, 2007

It's Tough Staying Away

Today was the second to last Fall NMTC trail race and I decided I needed to do it. If not as a 'race' than just as a run to be involved at a group setting. I had all the intentions of "just running up-tempo", that lasted all of 5 minutes and then I had to pass the next person in front of me and the next, next and so on. It was a three lap race and I wanted to run strong enough to pick up the pace the last loop. The trail was demanding in a couple of ways. It was wet. It was hard. These trails offer little for flats. It was running up the steeps or down the other side. By the middle of the second lap I knew I wasn't going to pick it up. I had a nice effort going and I would be happy keeping that pace and not allowing too many people pass me back. I made it in without anybody passing me back and had a blast. I am out of shape for racing, but my foot felt great, and I got to taste blood for just $1.00. You can check out the results at the 'Norhland Runner' web page link from my homepage.

Totals: 6.6 miles (2 people had GPS that showed this) 42:42

*does anybody else have trouble including links in text the is using a MAC?

No comments: