Monday, October 15, 2007

Humbling Once Again

I posted yesterday that I haven't run over an hour since June. I managed to do that run quite easily but today I feel a bit different. The run was with Kooks and we went up to do the "Piggly Wiggly" loop. A nice ~6.5 mile loop that has some nice rolliing hills combined with flats. There is a point in this loop where it allows you to cut early and make it 4.5 but we decided to make the full loop. I didn't really get sore or totally fatigued but I was feeling yesterday's little hour run! I mentioned how amazing it is to loose "running" fitness. I have been "working out" 4-5 days a week through most of my rehab but nothing like I do when I am training for a race. We got back to the house and I was happy we got through the loop but quite disappointed in my fitness. What can I expect right?

Totals: 48:21 ~6.5 miles (a year or so ago we were doing this loop in 50:00 durning a long run so I guess I shouldn't be too pissed off)

1 comment:

I am a runner. "We are what we repeatedly do" said...

Sucks huh?! Seems for the runner there is no substitute for actual running. I am the same way. Keep at it. It comes back. Faster than it goes.