Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Pretending to Swim

I made it to the pool this morning for an early morning workout other than running. I have little skill when it comes to the pool but I like it anyway. The pool makes me feel tired in other ways than running, obviously right, but I think most runners can relate to that. Right now I don't allow myself to swim over half an hour to prevent any shoulder injuries...I don't need that.
If the day works out, I will run for half an hour this afternoon. My achilles feels really good right now. I am keeping my fingers crossed!
Totals AM: 30:00 drills and swimming

I had one chance to get an afternoon workout in and siezed the opportunity. I had just made Lucas some late lunch and gave him a nice handful of cheetos and jumped on the TM. It felt good right from the start and got better from there. I did a nice warm up mile and turned up the speed to 8.5 mph and grade of 1.5% (never run flat) for the remainder of the run. Just a short thirty minutes but very beneficial as I want to run a little everyday this week in addition to any cross training I do. After the run I did 3X 15 second striders at 5:30 pace. Overall I was satisfied with this effort. No achilles pain.

Total PM= 30:11 4.2 miles

No comments: