Saturday, August 25, 2007

Brimson Sisu

I decided it was time to add a new race to my running logs. The Brimson Sisu was on tabs for this morning and I decided to make the drive. This little race out in the woods has been happening for 25 years! The awards are awesome, organic vegtables and home crafts. My achilles has been ok with walking and also feels good when I do the exercises but I wanted to know how it would hold up during a race. A group of four guys and two women ran the first 1/2 mile together until the first hill separated the women from the group. The four guys kept an easy pace and I decided to "test the waters" on the next longer uphill and heading into the woods on 4 wheeler trails which was also an uphill for 200-400 meters. Once getting out of the woods I didn't hear any breaths of footsteps so I just concentrated on good form and not tweaking my foot too bad. The last mile my achilles were very sore and I was thinking that I had made a serious mistake racing on injured feet. All ended well and I got some nice shwag for winning.
Totals: 2 mile wu. ~4.4 mile race 27:26

No comments: