Thursday, August 2, 2007

As They Say in Weather Business, "cooler by the lake"

This morning was absolutely wonderful. 60 degrees and a little breeze. This made it perfect to try to get a little more mileage than the last couple of days. I did one of my old out and back on west Skyline runs. No troubles, except for the obvious. (achilles) I had a PT apt. yesterday and she mentioned I may have been doing too much of the strengthening exercises. I progressed too fast and was doing 3 sets of 50 one leg calf raises on my affected foot. I did all of this in one week. Stupid! This week I backed off and will to my exercises two legged and hope I will progress forward from here on out. Maybe a possibility of running a 15k on Sunday? We'll see. I want to get a gauge where my predicted LT pace right now would be and that race might serve me well.
Totals: 53:12 8 miles

4 comments:

Gregg said...

another course PR set this morning. I wanted to see what I ran this the last time, and I ran 53:30. This is supposed to be an easy hour for me and I keep running it faster. It is an easy flat course and lots of scenery to pass the time.
Gregg

jpete said...

Instead of an easy 7:30 pace, your course PR is a 6:41 pace. There's a difference there haha.

Anonymous said...

Gregg, you running city of lakes? You can do that instead, we can run together. I'm doing the TC 10 miler also, of course both races are achilles-pending.
Tony

Gregg said...

C.O.L. sounds like a possibility but the rest of the fall is also Achilles-dependent. I am also thinking of the MDRA 15k. The 15k I was referring to was in GrandView tomorrow, and I will not be running that.
Gregg