Friday, April 23, 2010

No GIG For Me

Yesterday I woke as usual and made the plop on the futon downstairs. I watched about 1 minute of TV at 4:45 am and made the quick and safe decision to turn off the lights and go back to bed. The overall 'mental' fatigue I was feeling was not worth the fight. My legs felt fine, and in fact I was thinking I was going to be able to have a good workout given how peppy they felt. The trouble was, I really needed to sleep. This past week I had my share of personal mental stress and it was wearing on me. Fine! Back to sleep I went and woke up some 90 minutes later. After a quick shower I was feeling so refreshed and amazing that I knew I made the smart decision to stay off the streets.
Total: 0 miles (extra 90 min. sleep)

This morning I went out to Woodland and home via Vermilion before clicking off 6 X 100 meter striders at 4:50 pace on UMD's track. After the first few I was really starting to feel fluid. That's a good thing. With that said, I decided last night that I will NOT make the trip to the 2010 Get In Gear 10K. I am bummed as I really like that race. Probably one of my favorites I have EVER run. It's that good. Well, I am not going to beat myself up about it and will try to get as sharp as possible for my Masters debut at the TC 1 mile in a few weeks. I won't be all that fast, but I am hoping for a solid placement.

Total: 1:04:00 9 miles
6 X 100 meter striders at 4:50 pace

No comments: