Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Recover the Quads

Just to be sure I took another easy day this morning and I believe I will be thanking myself tomorrow morning during my intervals. This morning might have been doable but why rush it? The one thing I have learned as time passes (ie: me getting older) is to take a little extra recovery from longer or harder workouts and you will bounce back quicker. Ignore the fatigue and try to force the issue and you will be beaten down.
My legs felt pretty fluid and I am looking forward to the rest of the week.

Totals: 58:48 8 miles (7:15 pace)

Monday:
After yesterday's long run I really wanted to dedicate one or two days for optimal recovery before going into another workout. Monday's always serve this purpose and I usually take the opportunity to run SLOW. No change for today as I ran an easy loop past Pig's and home via Vermilion Road.

Total: 52:00 6.6 miles

No comments: