Sunday, May 16, 2010

West Duluth Long Miles

Friday:
I didn't have to work and after arriving home late after the mile race I took a little extra sleep and ran in late morning.
My legs had a bit of soreness I wasn't used to so I kept to Rock hill and ran solo for some time before the Koski's joined me for a few loops.

Total: 1:19:07 9 miles

Saturday:
no miles.
crewed for Chris Gardner who won the Superior 50K trail race. our family was camping at Temperance state campground and once we got back to Duluth I opted for a little rest prior to Sunday's long effort. A good choice!

Sunday:
Out west at Jeremy's place I joined him and Gelly for a nice long effort. Our first 100 minutes were on the Munger trail and we hammered out some 6:45 miles for a lot of the time before we slowed on the Western waterfront trail. Two more shorter loops from Jeremy's made the time for Adam and I as we ran near 3 hours. My watch read 2:58 and 24.5 miles. I managed to squeek one gel and a 20 oz. bottle of Poweraide on our passes of Jeremy's house. This run felt so much better than the first time I ran 24 it's amazing. I really think things are starting to come together.
I have a 10 mile race this upcoming weekend in WBL (White Bear Lake) and that should give me a idea how the marathon effort training has been going.

Total: 2:57:00 24.5 miles
(felt super!)



Weeks Total: 74 miles (6 runs)
Years Total: 1,108.7 miles

1 comment:

SteveQ said...

I thought I saw you for a second at Superior! Nice job on the 4:37 mile; those fast miles get tougher every year. If you haven't done the 10 Mile in White Bear, it's a fast course and Dan Carlson's pretty much owned it, as it's his home course.