Sunday, January 31, 2010

Not So Fast....

Yesterday I was singing the song of feeling so good. Today, not the same song. I felt pretty much every step of my long run after the 80 minute mark. Not that it was painful, but I had to do a little more concentration on form and relaxation than I would like to have done with a rather slow long run. That's pretty much par for the course in the early stages of base-phase. Speaking of, the formal 20 week plan for Grandma's Marathon starts tomorrow. I noticed that Greg planned for me to take one day off, Friday's, for a couple of weeks until things adjust. That's pretty much what I have done for the last three weeks anyway so this will be a nice adjustment and hopefully forward progress.

In the afternoon the family took a cruise out to the start of the John Beargrease Sled Dog Race and I took a few pictures. 115 to be exact. I will post a few after this entry.

Totals: 1:58:30 15.3 miles

Weeks Totals: 48 miles (6 runs)
Years Totals: 173.8 miles

No comments: