Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Dwindling Light

I hate to say it. The summer months are limited and fall is slowly approaching. This simple fact comes to reality for me as I wake up each morning for my runs. I woke up and made my way down the street this morning no later than 0500 and it was near complete darkness. I've gotten used to this cycle and I really don't mind running in the dark. By mid run the daylight was present and I could turn off my red LED I had clipped to my shorts.

The runs this week are going well. Monday was a typical morning. I always seem to be a little more fatigued on Monday's with the busy weekend behind me so this week was no different. Today was a good day and I added just a bit to the distance to make the long Martin road loop that brings me back home just under an hour. With the temperatures approaching 90F I sure am glad I have the opportunity to run first thing in the am. It's going to be a great day!

Monday:
Easy out and back on Skyline. My legs are feeling better and I am having a lot less overall soreness.
Total: 40:52 5.5 miles

Tuesday:
I did the Martin road loop returning via Vermilion and UMD. Felt great and things are really starting to improve. This was what I was hoping for!
Total: 1:00:00 8 miles
HR: 137

No comments: