Saturday, July 10, 2010

Not Quite Right

The foot is feeling better and I am able to run. The last three days I have run an hour and while running I experience little to no pain unless I step on a pointed object like a rock or root.
Yesterday I finished the run at 5:50 pace for a half mile or so to get a little leg turnover and I was surprised to be going that fast considering how terrible I felt. That's a good sign for when I do begin to feel better. For some reason, besides the foot thingy, I continue to feel a lot of overall leg fatigue and stiffness. I have a feeling that once I get the foot injury out of the way I can do some more structured work and my legs will come around.

Here are the last two days of running:

Friday: Ran the loop out to Martin road and home via Vermilion.
58:46 8 miles HR: 127 bpm

Saturday: Ran the trails of Rock Hill and Chester Bowl. I kept the HR as low as I could even with the climbs. Felt super, even with the increased temperatures. Dipped the visor in Chester creek a couple of times to keep cool.
1:02:04 7.2 miles HR: 139 bpm

3 comments:

Runningbear said...

Sounds as though the foot is on the mend Greg, hope you're feeling fully fit soon, happy running, RB.

Gregg said...

Thanks RB. I am having quite the time coming back from this past marathon. A lot of overall fatigue...

Julie said...

Good news! Your foot is feeling better and you have been able to get out on a few good runs:) Make sure that you are taking care of yourself and getting enough rest. Please don't try to push yourself...stay healthy and injury free:)