Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Progress

I've made reference to this in the past, but I am beginning to feel my fitness level jumping up a notch. Yesterday I felt like complete ass after Sunday's progression run but the recovery day did exactly what it was supposed to do. Recover.

This morning upon awakening I didn't know what to expect from my legs. Once I made the walk down to the basement I realized quickly that I would indeed be able to perform this mornings workout and not have to add another day of recovery. I looked outside and saw the windy conditions so that made my decision to run on the treadmill an easy one. After a 2.5 mile warm up I got into the workout. I did 10 X 400 meters at 5k pace followed by 200 meter rest and finished with 3 X 200 meters and a warm down. This workout was relatively easy as it was at 5k pace and not all out Vo2 pace. At this point it was a good feeling and my legs didn't take too bad of a beating. Tomorrow will be another nice easy day.

Totals: 1:03:30 ~ 8.5
10 X 400 meters at 5K (~5:18 pace)
3 X 200 meters at 5K pace

No comments: