Sunday, June 22, 2008

No Action

I have been quite sedentary the last week and a half. I mentioned in an earlier post that I am a terrible cross trainer and I am out to prove it once again. The hassle of getting a bag together the night  before work and heading out earlier to work, the fitness center I would go to is at the medical center where I work, just doesn't appeal to me.

The one, and most important, benefit of taking this time off is that my achilles feel great. I have been doing the eccentric calf work and maybe that has helped me recoup as well. I am taking some "extra" time off and hoping that once I resume training I can build with no achilles pain.

Grandma's Marathon came and went as quick as the squalls that poured on the post marathon crowd. My wife and I put in a pretty decent effort being good spectators and setting up camp near Sir Ben's at the 23.5 mile mark of the marathon. I had good positioning for pictures, but screwed up the aperture. I will attempt to post a few soon. The weekend was great and I met a few new people that have some interesting ties to the running world.

No training to discuss. 

Years Totals: 985 miles

2 comments:

Kel said...

I have had good luck with eccentric strength training for tendonitis - my Achilles tendonitis was completely asymptomatic after 3 weeks. Never has recurred since (happened about 5 years ago), but I was also able to discover the underlying cause and deal with it (busted toe -> hypertonic toe flexors -> inhibited soleus).

Good luck!

Gregg said...

thanks kel... I thought I had it made this spring until I ran the 5k in WBL. I am attempting to set up a gait analysis this week and make sure I am using proper shoes and also get another massage to beat up some knots.