Monday, June 16, 2008

Good Decisions

I would like to think that as we get older or "seasoned" we make better decisions. By taking most of last week away from running, a move that was very difficult to do since I wasn't feeling "that bad", my lower legs and feet feel MUCH better. I read an article regarding "acute" versus "chronic" achilles tendinitis and it was looking like I was heading towards the chronic type which sounded like a definite wrong move. Time off now should help get me up an running sooner and hopefully keep the achilles issues away.The massage I got on Tuesday was amazing and I should get another this week. I had such a strong urge to run yesterday it was killing me to sit yet another day. I'm glad I did. 
This morning I crawled out of bed to make it to the early morning swim at UMD. The first couple laps felt pretty bad but soon I was in a good groove and the time passed very quickly and I actually ended feeling better than when I started. Overall, a good day of cross training in the pool.

No comments: