Sunday, June 8, 2008

More Issues


Week of June 2- June 8

Monday: After a decent week of running and a wonderful weekend of back to backs I figured I would take it easy this morning and do a nice out and back on west skyline for a recovery run. About 15 minutes into the run I hit a small (very) pothole and twisted my left ankle. (this is the one I rolled 4 times during the SHT 25K) It didn't really register that I twisted it but after another five or ten minutes of running my lower calf and achilles started to tighten, and soon started to hurt. I made it home before things got too bad and did a routine of strengthening exercises before heading out to work. At work, it continued to get tight and the achilles felt like it was being "tugged" by something that made it quite difficult to ambulate. This would be a quick end to what I thought would be a building week.
Totals: 42:00 5.5 miles

Tuesday-Friday
no running. just easy stretching and icing. by Friday I was feeling near "normal" and was willing to run, but decided to take an extra day off and hope for a good weekend.

Saturday:
a good run out to vermilion and back taking it "easy". even though the pace was feeling relaxed, I did the loop feeling pretty snappy. 
Totals: 28:00  4+ miles

Sunday:
An article in Sunday's paper regarding a Hartley trail re-route made me curious. I knew it would be near the "guard rail loop" by description, I just needed to know which section it was on. In the end, it was not that big of a deal, but the redirect of traffic was absolutely ridiculous. Some land (lot) owner, that I can almost bet my life on, has no fitness sense, recreation ideals, or any thought for the outdoors, one day decides that he/she doesn't want a single track trail running through their "corner" of their lot. Anybody that skis, walks, runs, moutain bikes would pay huge to live on that lot and open the trail for all. It would be considered an honor to have a trail so close to your back door. Crazy!
Anywho... my run was muddy, wet and very comfortable. I wore a heart rate monitor to keep the pace easy and managed to average a HR of 134 for the duration. It would seem that I am on the mend, once again, and look forward to the next week to build up again.
Totals: 1:07:30  8 miles

Weeks Totals: 17.5 miles (3 days)
Years Totals: 985 miles

No comments: