Monday, October 10, 2011

Tardy Postings

First off, I need to play catch up with some running over the last week and a half.
The last I wrote I was heading into the weekend prior to race week and then I was going to see how things felt and tweak for the final days before the WhistleStop 1/2 half marathon.

I took off Thursday and chalked it up to a rest day.

On Friday the 7th I ran up Woodland and did a quick adjustment and decided to run a 4 X 4 minute at 10K pace, or just about 10k pace. It looked like this: 5:23, 5:32, 5:21, 5:18 paces respectively. I then ended with 2 X 1 min at 4:46 and 4:37 paces. I ended feeling really good and the feet/legs were really responding that morning.

Saturday the 8th I woke up early to get in my medium long run before my wife and before we hit the road for the Bayfield Applefest. I ran trails down to Lakeside and roads back home. I didn't feel spectacular but it was a decent run.

Sunday was another rest day so I took it off and walked a lot at the Apple fest.

Here is how the week ended with volume.

Thurs:
o miles

Friday:
1:03:00  9.6 miles 4 X 4 min, 2 x 1 min.

Saturday:
1:34:24    12.2 miles

Sunday:
0 miles


Weeks Total: 46.4 miles   (5 days)
Years Total: 1750.1 miles

No comments: