Friday, October 14, 2011

Race Week

Last weeks training went quite well and I had good feelings heading into this final week of preparation. I wasn't planning any type of taper and fully planned to run right up to race day. The week started with a nice recovery style run up Woodland to Martin road and home via the Vermilion road and UMD. I remember feeling really good. Legs light and flowing.

Tuesday I hit the trails for some easy miles then hit the walkways of UMD for some "pickups" to stretch out the legs and hips. That too felt good. My achilles was now near pain-free. What the heck? How did that happen?

Wednesday I ran out Skyline and decided on some "race-pace" type running just so my legs wouldn't get stale. The morning moonlight was great and I settled in a 3 X 4min at 5:50 pace for the pick ups. Decent but not stellar. My legs and achilles remained intact and that is all I needed.

Thursday and Friday turned into 0 days as I just made the decision to give it a try.

Week thus Far:

Monday: 1:01:58   8.1 miles

Tuesday: 45:49  5.5 miles

Wednesday:  1:00:59   8.8 miles 3 X 4 minutes at 5:50 pace

Thurs/Friday: 0 miles

No comments: