Saturday, January 1, 2011

Bring on The New Year

I'm not sure why it is, but beginning the new year I feel motivated again to get out the door 7 days a week. I will run when I can. Ski and snowshoe as much as possible. Continue to do the core/leg exercises 4-5 days per week and hopefully get myself out of the hurt-locker.

I started the year fresh with a trail and road loop I made up as I ran the different terrain. I started in Hartley and the trails are in good shape it just was a bit difficult with the fresh 3" of powder so I made my way to the roads to finish out the loop.

My breathing was labored more than I wanted and my upper hamstrings remain to have the nagging pull with each step. That's got to go away!

Overall a decent opening to a new year. Windy, 4F, and fresh powder everywhere.

Total: 39:40 ~5 miles
*most workouts will be focused by time for the next couple of months.

2 comments:

Julie said...

I love the new picture on your blog! It is so beautiful:)

I am looking forward to doing some snowshoeing too! It will be a great way to cross train in the Minnesota winter.

Happy New Year Gregg!

Gregg said...

Thanks Julie. I took the picture at one of the parks close to our house. Actually, you may have been close to it at a time or two, as it's on UMD's campus. A great place to get some trail miles in just two blocks from our place.

Happy New Year to you as well.