Friday, January 4, 2013

The New Year. Bring It!!!

My December was fair. The rest of the winter months have to go well if I have any chance of accomplishing my goals heading to Boston Marathon on April 15th.

I'm trying not to get too worked up and "worry" about time goals but for me, this year, I do have a time goal and I am going to give it 100% effort and hopefully everything else falls into place. All I can do is try right?

I noticed that for the first time in 5 years I haven't hit 2K miles. My highest is probably 2009 when I ran just under 3K and I PR'd at the marathon and ran some other decent races for the last year of my 30's.  I don't really equate the "lack" of miles this past year to having a bad year, but I would rather term it "unfortunate" in terms of results. I trained quite well and for the first time in many years hit the track and actually got some speed back in my legs. The problem was I pushed too hard the last week prior to the race and it resulted in a DNF, thus no results from all the work. By time I got the injury under control I had lost a bit of fitness and I finished the year with two less than desirable results. The good news is my current running health. Other than the foot thing a week ago I feel like I am ready to hit the miles and ramp up to marathon mode. I CANT WAIT! I love the feeling of heading out the door and not returning for 2.5 hours with a serious appetite. Marathon shape is like nothing else. The quest is on...

Here is my work thus far this week:

Dec 31st-Jan 6th:

M: 31:00 4+ miles (weights)
T: 43:00/ trails with Kari/ headlamp run
W: 1:09:00/ Hartley singletrack headlamp run
Th: 49:00  7+ miles w/ 3 miles @SS pace (5:55-6:00)
F: 0 rest day/ exercises

*on to the weekend!

No comments: