Sunday, March 13, 2011

First Crack At 20, Almost

In summary, the rest of the week went well. I did take Thursday off for a mental break and woke up Friday ready to rip it. I adjust the daily assignment and ran near 80 minutes at my upper HR limit. It felt great but the constant near run-ins with the skunks are getting old. I say "near" because I have yet to see one but I know they are close.

The weekend was great with my first run near 20 miles this year and a wonderful trail run today to flush out the legs. (it's early to comment but I am sure Kari and I will have fun at tonights first Shamrock Pub Shuffle. We are running a short (3+mile) loop with a bunch of others form the DRC and will be stopping at two participating pubs for a pint. I am so looking forward to this as it will be a wonderful social event. More on that tomorrow.

Here is the latter part of the weeks running totals:

Friday:
1:18:07 10.2 miles HR=134

Saturday:
2:29:17 19.6 miles
*had a great "bonk" that last thirty minutes

Sunday:
1:07:38 7.2 miles

Weeks Total: 60.1 miles (6 runs)
Years Total: 396.1 miles

1 comment:

Dave Schuneman said...

Attaboy! Got to embrace a nice bonk!! Hopefully, next year Snowshoe Natz won't be on the same weekend as the pub run. I'm all about drinkin' & exercisin' @ once. Chat soon!!!