Friday, August 3, 2012

The Oval

I wrote last week that I was hoping the week and weekend would help springboard me into a fresh week and give me some momentum. It did not happen. Our family went camping and if I don't get out early to run it will not happen. Too many distractions. So, I decided to press on to this week and make good things happen. They have.

I managed to run every day this week and getting up to the sound of a 0440 alarm clock is becoming easier. (not much of a nightlife but oh well) The week consisted of mostly 50:00+ runs and two workouts. My first workout found me meeting fellow DRC runner Dave HYPO at the Central High track where we performed some short and fast repeats. They felt awful, as expected, but I know things will improve with each week.(I have not performed a true track session in years!)  On Thursday I did what should have been a LT workout but it turned out to be a much harder workout and I didn't like how it felt. AGAIN, they will become smoother with each week.

The weeks are flying bye and I have roughly a month to my first goal race of the late summer/fall racing season. I will be trying to set a personal best at the Grandma's Marathon Mile in September. I need a sub 4:34. I WANT a sub 4:30. If my workouts go as planned I will give myself a real possibility of accomplishing my goals.

This weekend will consist of a little faster paced running tomorrow and easy stuff both Sunday and next Monday.

Here's to setting a new PR!!

Thus far this week:

Monday: 52:00 easy miles
Tuesday: 55:00 *200,400,200 X 2 , plus 200, 100
                          :34's, 73's
Wednesday: 50:15 easy miles
Thursday: 57:00 w/ 15 minutes at 5:33 pace *way too tired for LT effort
Friday: 45:00 easy trail running. *Tischer Creek path is ravaged!

No comments: