Monday, August 8, 2011

Moving On

When I last wrote I was discussing how I may have found the source of my left achilles discomfort. I believe I was/am right and I continue to perform some deep calf stretches and lower leg exercises. The achilles discomfort is near gone but just a bit of stiffness on some mornings. This is something I need to monitor daily and stay diligent about exercises to keep things loose.

I managed to get out and run most days last week and took a double-day off on Saturday/Sunday after a most excellent party weekend in Washburn/Bayfield/Madeline Island with my wife, brother-in-law, wife and friends. There are times when you have to go have fun and forget about running and that was the weekend for me. Looking back I am very certain it also gave me some added rest to the achilles and that may be why I am feeling well this week. I continue to progress and will attempt to keep hammering towards my focus race the first Sunday in October.

Here is the remainder of last week and the early part of this week.

Tuesday:
31:33 Morley Park area/UMD. 4.3 miles

Wednesday:
55:17 8 miles Skyline 6 X 1min repeats at 5K

Thursday:
54:38 7.5 miles Kenwood/Chester loop

Friday:
38:56 5.2 miles trails and roads

Sat/Sunday:
0 miles

Weeks Total: 32 miles
Years Total: 1403.3 miles

No comments: