Thursday, June 16, 2011

Some Assistance

Monday:
I woke up feeling much the same. Not too bad, but not much better. I would contact my doctor during the day and start antibiotics and start using an inhaler as well. The run went ok. I am always surprised how tired these virus's make you feel. I hope this works.

Total: 49:01. 6.6 miles

Tuesday:
Too early to tell if the antibiotics were working but I managed to get out and do a short warmup and do some light uptempo work on the track. I did 6 laps of 100 meter pick-ups with the curves as recovery. The first few laps were horrible. I felt like it was my first day on the track in months! Once I blew off the rust I finished the intvals feeling fluid but the whole workout was just another shot to my confidence.

Total: 40:07. 5.7 miles with 12 x 100 meters @5:00/mi pace

Wednesday:
Mid day at work yesterday I felt like things were changing. I suddenly felt like I was breathing better and less congested in the nasal cavities. I woke up with next to no phlegm and made my way out the door for a short, easy run. I did a loop out to Pleasant View road and returned via Vermilion. My legs felt decent but I didn't push the pace at all. I may want to do some striders on Friday just to get the legs loose one more time.

Total: 47:27. 6.6 miles

Thursday:
I decided to take a rest day today and hope this freshens up the legs a bit. I have the day off of work tomorrow and will get a short run in the morning just to loosen up some. 48 more hours of antibiotics to work before the race, so I hope things improve. I felt like I was stuffing up again last night but I didn't wake up coughing at all, so that is a bonus. Super foggy and cool this morning. About the norm two days prior to Grandmas, as years past had this similar pattern.

Total: O miles

2 comments:

Julie said...

Hi Gregg,
We are heading up to Duluth in a few hours. Getting both excited and nervous. I have not been training as much as I should for a half. Looking to finish under 2 if possible. I would really love to meet my up north blogging griend:) I am sure you will be starting in the front and I will be so freaking far behind you. I usually get to the start lines early. I will look for you if I don't see you are the start maybe I can catch you in the finisher's area after. Really would like to meet you:) Just saying. Anyway, I wish you the best of luck! I know you are going to do fantastic...just like always! Take care and hope to see you this weekend!

Julie

Gregg said...

Thanks Julie. I didn't see you, the weather made it difficult to be out "socializing" a lot. I looked at the finish for you, we always drink a few beers in the tent after while listening to music.

I hope your race went as well as you liked.