Sunday, April 8, 2012

Creepin' Back

I spent the week off of running and doing only lower leg exercises. I was all fired up to get a fluid-trainer and put my bike on it, then I was going to buy a new "gravel bike", then I was just going try some road biking this weekend and see where it takes me...  I just ended up taking the week off and running two really easy jogs Saturday and Sunday.

I want to be able to run a good marathon by the end of the summer and if I take it easy now that will happen. The races I had planned are now a distant memory and I need to take one day at a time and make sure I am healed and going to be stronger for future build-ups.

As far as the biking thing goes, I'm still going to look for a decent gravel-bike and a fluid trainer and start supplementing with some bike efforts. It would be good for my hips and legs to have that type of work included in my weekly routine. I just need time...

Monday-Friday: 0 miles running
Saturday: 24:00 trails, no pain
Sunday: 32:00 trails, no pain

I hope I am on the right track.

No comments: